(Tarleton and Rural District Schools)
Banks Methodist Primary School is proud to be a member of the TARDiS cluster of schools.
Here at Banks Methodist we believe that through collaboratively working with other schools, we can strengthen what we do and the outcomes for our children. The cluster works together to improve educational outcomes for local children in a variety of ways which includes:
- Events for pupils
- Joint training for teachers and other staff
- Focusing on local issues together
- Sharing good practice
The TARDiS family, spearheaded by a Headteachers’ network, collaborate on strategic improvement aims for the benefit of our pupils.
The cluster works to enhance opportunities for local children in a variety of ways, these include:
- Sharing good practice across our family of schools and focusing of local issues/priorities.
- Organising a programme of enrichment activities throughout the year which offer challenge, develop confidence and celebrate achievements across the broader curriculum (for example, STEM days, Spelling Bees, Performing Arts Festivals, Public Speaking events etc).
- Through our subcommittee, TASA (the TARDiS Active Schools Alliance), organise a comprehensive range of opportunities for children to take part in competitive and non-competitive physical activity – increasing participation and promoting health & fitness.
TARDiS Member Schools:
Banks Methodist Primary School
Banks St Stephens CE Primary School
Bretherton Endowed CE Primary School
Eccleston St Mary's CE Primary School
Hesketh with Becconsall CE Primary School
Holmeswood Methodist Primary School
Hoole St Michael’s CE Primary School
Howick Church Endowed Primary School
Newburgh CE Primary School
Richard Durning’s Endowed Primary School
Rufford CE Primary School
Tarleton Community Primary School
Tarleton Holy Trinity CE Primary School
Tarleton Mere Brow CE Primary School
SS Peter and Paul's Catholic Primary School, Mawdesley